Pages

Saturday, 14 May 2011

Cupcapers - Caramel Mocha Cupcakes

I'm not a fan of coffee as a beverage, the only variety I will tolerate is a Caramel Mocha.  I do, however, have a penchant for coffee flavoured cakes (like you couldn't have guessed).  


I was going to make some normal bog standard coffee cupcakes but I decided to experiment play Russian Roulette.  The Turkish Disaster was still a painful memory so I erred on the side of caution and decided not to use a drink powder as the basis of my flavouring, instead opting for a mixture made from cocoa powder, coffee granules and my secret ingredient in home-made caramel mochas, Starbucks Caramel Syrup.  Half of which I used to flavour the cakes and the other half I saved to flavour the icing.


I'm pleased to report that this experiment had a successful outcome although I shall be drinking a cup of tea when I eat one several later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...