Pages

Monday, 9 May 2011

I'm Shelving Decoupage

Those of you who hook up with Magpie Monday over on Me And My Shadow may remember a little shelving unit for displaying collectables that I purchased in a charity shop for £1.50.
Well, I said that I was going to give it a make-over and indeed I have.  I painted the shelves a bright fuschia pink and decoupaged the back panel with some matryoshka doll wrapping paper that I have had for ages and wanted to do something a bit more permanent with other than wrap other people's gifts and here's the end result (the photo doesn't really do it justice)
I also covered a little cardboard box with some left-over dolly cut-outs
And whilst I was being a decoupage demon I covered a heart-shaped box in some Alice In Wonderland illustrations as a first birthday gift for Mrs C's daughter Amelia
I'm still not done, I have be printing out yet more decoupage sheets this week as I have a large project for Missy still to complete, which I am looking forward to immensely, details to follow I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! They all look lovely Chris. You're going to be looking at everything with an appraising eye and a pot of mod-podge in hand now aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great make-over well done! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...