Pages

Sunday, 3 April 2011

I'm The Queen Mother

With this year's Mother's Day almost at an end I'm sitting here appreciating what a wonderful day I've enjoyed courtesy of my children (with a lot of help from Mr Right).  


I had a lovely lie-in, followed by breakfast in bed which was lovingly prepared for me by Mr Right, who even remade the toast as he remembered too late that I prefer mine cut into triangles (OCD).  


I received a beautiful bunch of flowers, a little pink cake stand with some bonbons, 
a kitsch ring with a miniature plate of cupcakes on (totally up my street) 
and some wonderful cards.  


One of the cards was a school made effort by Buster and had a poem that he had composed especially for me


Mum you're the best
You never rest

Mum you work so hard
And that's why I made this card

We had a day out shopping and I was taken for lunch at one of my favourite places to eat, Wagamama.  It really has been a blissful day.


I now know what it feels like to be the Queen as Mother's Day not only makes me feel super special but I also know what it's like to have two birthdays.  This post is my little way of saying thank you to Mr Right as I appreciate how hard he worked today to whip the kids into shape in order to give me a special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...