Pages

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Cupcapers - Hummingbird Caramel Cupcakes

So Mr Right thoughtfully gifted me the new Hummingbird Bakery recipe book the other day and I've be slathering over it like some perv since then deciding what to bake first.  


Whilst shopping a while back I spotted that Carnation now make a tinned caramel (Dulce de Leche) and I wanted to try cooking with it, I thought I would probably just make some millionaire's shortbread or a banoffie pie but when I saw that the Hummingbird Caramel Cupcakes called for this ingredient my virgin bake from this book was decided for me.


I must confess that as usual I balked at the sheer amount of ingredients required to make 12-16 cupcakes so I decided to half the recipe and still managed to get 12 perfect sized cakes out of it.


Despite the sloppy nature of the cake batter the cupcakes were light and fluffy and the caramel icing is to die for.  I loved the little decorative touch of piping some of the caramel on top in heart shapes.  Here's my attempt.


Can't wait to decide what to bake next, although I think the next book should come with wipe clean pages for slathering cake pervs like me!

2 comments:

  1. I had to look twice at your picture. Its fab, sure it tasktes as lovely as it looks too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very nice indeed, thanks for the pic love! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...