Pages

Monday, 14 March 2011

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

I was in town on Friday morning and managed a quick tour of the charity shops there, here's my haul.
Buster loves Horrible Histories so for £2 I couldn't resist.
Little glass bowl with three feet for £1
Oval glass platter for £2
Glass egg cup for 60p
Silver metal platter for £1.50 that I thought would go well with my lonely glass dome
Vintage circular metal cake cooling rack for 50p
And finally this beautiful cake slice for the bargain price of £1!


I'm chomping at the bit to have a nose round some more junk shops this week.


This post is part of Me And My Shadow's Magpie Monday, take a peek at the other thrifty gems
Me and My Shadow

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful, what amazing prices.

    That cake slice is going to add instant glamour to any cake baked, and I love the glassware.

    The round cooling rack is pretty cool too - I've never seen one like that before.

    Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds the cake slice is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are great finds! I love baking and these would be perfect for displaying your home made goodies. I love the glass egg cup and what a bargain at 60p! Thankyou for your comment on my blog. Lovely blog from your newest follower. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great selection of FAB bargains, I too love the cake slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finds...especially the cake slice! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow didn't you do well! I especially like the cake slice and the cake cooling rack....great finds x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cake slice best.
    Not really mega into glass unless it is colourful myself.
    My son is now rated as "very gifted" in terms of history and I put it all down to the fact that I bought him a load of horrible histories for just £1 for about 50 magazines when he was about 4 years old at a school fair.
    My finds this week are on a specific theme over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your haul, decent prices too, which is what its all about. I never seem to find nice glass items on my trips, although just back from school run and little trip to local shop and found 2 rather lovely glass items : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful things, I'm envious of them all. They all look like they came from a vintage store for mega bucks rather than charity shops. I especially like the cake slice...and the glass stuff...hmm, all of it actually. Well done!

    There is a giveaway up on my blog now, I hadn't linked it when you commented earlier.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...