Pages

Saturday, 5 March 2011

School Run Mum Fun Done

Mrs B moved house during half term, only round the corner, but she's no longer en route to school so sadly Buster, Missy and I don't call for the B's any more.  I think she and I miss it more than the kids as they still get to spend all day at school together.


Mrs B suggested that we get together for a proper natter every so often and our first afternoon tea took place on Friday.  Thankfully she agreed to come to my house on her way back from work which was good for me as Missy has a nap in the afternoon so I thought I'd better make a bit of an effort as she could have been at home unpacking yet more boxes.  I think I might have gone a bit ott as, on reflection, I looked like a 1950s housewife waiting for her husband to return from a hard day at the office, the house was sparkling, I was wearing a cherry print 50s style dress and a smile 
and I had even made coffee cupcakes.
The only things that were missing was a gay ribbon in my hair and a whiskey on the rocks, she had to make do with tea.  Anyway, I'm hoping that it will become a regular thing as I miss my school run mum chum.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am jealous! I haven't bonded with any of the Mums at school so we have to go to Starbucks for a coffee and a cake after school. Poor us!

    Those cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look amazing! Please can I be your friend and come along too? Pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more the merrier, although I'm a bit of trek from Yorkshire! :)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...