Pages

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Japan

I very rarely blog about current affairs but I couldn't ignore the terrible ongoing disaster that has befallen Japan and it's people.  I can't begin to imagine what they might be going through, I know I would have gone to pieces after the original massive earthquake, let alone the horrific tsunami that followed plus the continued threat of a nuclear disaster whilst trying to get life back to some semblance of order in the midst of absolute chaos and such terrible loss of life.


The images that have been playing over and over on the rolling news channels here have been shocking to both me and my family.  They truly bring home to me how insignificant any one person really is.  


I know from my stats that some of my readers are from Japan and I just wanted to let them know, in my own little way, that my thoughts are with them.  


I was going to put an image of the tsunami here but I decided that I should put something positive instead as so much has been made of the negatives, so here's an awe inspiring photo of a four month old baby girl shortly after she was rescued from the rubble.

2 comments:

  1. Its so awful and since having a baby the stories ive heard of mothers being split up from their childrens has been horrific. My thoughts are going out to them all Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just doesn't bare thinking about does it?! The stuff of nightmares. x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...