Pages

Monday, 28 March 2011

It's A Small World

I linked up my latest Junk Shop Jewels post with Magpie Monday over on Me And My Shadow as usual and checked back a little later on to have a nose round the other blogs that had also linked up when, to my utter amazement, I noticed that Mumsarcade from Giggling At It All had picked up the dinner service that matched my bargain tea set.  What are the chances?  We're from totally different ends of the country!


Here's my tea set...
...and here's Mumsarcade's dinner service
Photo by kind permission of Mumsarcade
I'm secretly hoping that my entry is the closest in her little comp to guess how much the dinner service and welsh dresser set her back as, if I win, she's promised me a cup to complete the set of six (which would greatly help my ocd!), it's just a shame she doesn't have two milk jugs.  Oh well, there's obviously missing items out there to be had as this happy coincidence goes to show, I've just got to track them down!

8 comments:

  1. That is a coincidence! What's the china called? We'll have to set up a nationwide charity shop network where we can put in requests and keep an eye out for each other's wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just?! I've been doing a bit of research and it's a Polish brand called Chodziez and there's a bit of it about on eBay so I've saved my searches and hopefully eBay will alert me when my missing items come up for sale, although I'm tempted to put the whole lot on there myself as there's a similar set that they want £50 for!

    A national charity shop network is a great idea, for now we'll just have to put some shout outs amongst the Magpie Monday crowd to keep their beady eyes peeled for each other's wants. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very spooky! The national cs look out idea sounds fab! Lol. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Christy,
    I love a coincidence - isn't life full of them?!
    I have some Alice in Wonderland papers too - been planning to do something for a while (it's a v long list)
    Do show ( and tell) if you do something with your peter rabbit books!
    Off to share your blog with my little sister Nelly who has fairly recently started her own Mumblog...fee x (it's called nelly's eggs - think you'd like hers too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fee, I too have a very long list of stuff I'm going to get round to some day, if I ever do you'll be the first to hear about it on here.

    Hope your lil sis likes my blog, off to take a peek at hers now. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Ooh I do like your blog. Another distraction from what I should actually be doing of a day!!!

    Thanks
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christy,

    I have just looked at the link you left on my blog and unbelieveably I too have said jewellery box (it is the other one I almost made for Mabel but saved incase we had another girl). How funny, you are absolutely right they must have been the only ones available in the 80's!!!

    It was a nice post, love the relevance of the song it played. I have almost finished my revamp, took slightly longer than I thought, doesn't it always!!!

    Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, another 80s gal that owned 'the box', looking forward to seeing the end result of your revamp! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...