Pages

Monday, 7 March 2011

Fill In The Blanks...

I am a meme virgin, so here goes (don't think I've given seven questions this much thought since my A Levels, and probably not even then!).


I am...all things to all people.  I'm a daughter, sister, mother, godmother, wife, friend, agony aunt, cook, cleaner, baker, seamstress, secretary, gardener, teacher, taxi driver, personal shopper.....  I am very rarely me.


The bravest thing I have ever done...as with most acts of bravery mine was thrust upon me and might not seem at all brave when it's put into perspective but thankfully I have, so far, lived a life that has not required me to be at all brave and long may it continue.  


I had my son Buster by emergency caesarean section as I had been in labour for over 24 hours and he was starting to show signs that he was distressed.  I was given a top up to my epidural for the operation.  Something went wrong with the distribution of the analgesia around my body and I could feel the whole procedure down the right hand side of my abdomen.  I informed the surgeon of my plight but to my horror I was totally ignored.  


I only realised how brave I was when I had my daughter Missy via an elective section seven years later and was astounded that I couldn't feel a thing. 


I feel prettiest when...I don't often feel pretty, even less so with my advancing years and having had two kids but perhaps after everything has been plucked, scrubbed, shaved and sandblasted, on a good hair day, a good skin day, and if I've been virtuous in the gym and in the dining room then in the right outfit in subdued lighting and without threat of a camera I might feel an eensy bit pretty.


Something that keeps me awake at night is...I could fall asleep on a barbed wire fence and thankfully there's not much that keeps me awake at night but the thoughts that sometimes invade my semi-conscious mind are just the usual worries about my children and their future lives, oh and I worry about my teeth and gums as I'm petrified of dentists.  I only have two fillings but I know it's only a matter of time before I will need another.


My favourite meal is...barring those special at home treats cooked for me by my long-suffering husband it would have to be a bloody and velvety rare steak with a peppercorn sauce, chunky chips with lots of swimming in vinegar, a huge pile of steamed veg and a big fat juicy flat mushroom.  


The way to my heart is...through my stomach, well kind of.  Give me belly laughs and I will be putty in your hands.


I would like to...live to a ripe old age with all my faculties and good health so that myself and Mr Right can know that our kids are happy, healthy and settled in life and to at least know our grandchildren and if we're extremely lucky, even great grandchildren.


I was tagged for this meme by the oh so lovely fellow school run dog shit avoider Mom On A Wire.


It now just falls to me to tag five other 'lucky' ducks so that I can learn a bit more about what makes them tick, so here goes


Mrs B at Thing I Like
Podgypixiejo at Witterings Of The Overtired
Gemma at Helloitsgemma
Elsie at The Babylon Lane Tales
Vanessa at Total DeliciousNess




4 comments:

  1. Glad I am not alone in loving chips swimming in vinegar! :)
    Horrific about your section with Buster though, that's the stuff of nightmares. Glad Missy's was better!

    Anyway, I'm off to ponder what I should write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for tagging me, that's very sweet.
    Love your list, I am astounded by your c-section experience - that is VERY brave.
    Just looked at your photo again, and I can't believe you don't often feel pretty. You look amazing, very pretty and very attractive! (Oh gosh - do I sound a bit werid now??) believe in you, you are fabulous inside and out and it shines through your blog X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this, your life has the makings of an epic Hollywood classic with tears, laughter, cake and poo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podgypixiejo - I have been know to take the odd swig direct from the vinegar bottle on occasion! Love it.

    Gemma - Thanks for the huge ego boost you beautiful weirdo, my head now won't fit through the door, oh well, I will have to stay in this room and blog!

    Alethea - My goodness, you make it sound very exciting, it's anything but, which is how I like it. x

    I'm off now to read all your exploits! :)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...