Pages

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Cupcapers - Lemon Cupcakes

I had a couple of lemons left over from Shrove Tuesday that needed something doing with them so I made up a batch of cupcake batter and added some lemon juice and zest, when they were baked and cooled I scooped out a little crater in each and dolloped in some lemon curd
 I then whipped up some buttercream icing which I also flavoured with lemon juice and zest, smeared some onto each cupcake and decorated with some more lemon zest.
Buster was very surprised to find the lemon curd inside, it's the Kinder Egg of cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. Very clever, sounds really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds good, I always have lemons slowly desiccating at the back of my fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm such a good idea to put the lemon curd inside - yummy!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...