Pages

Sunday, 13 February 2011

A Wee Bit Of Romance

I'm in the mood for love at the moment, what with searching out heart shaped items around my home and with Valentine's day on the horizon.  I was put in mind of the most romantic thing that Mr Right has ever done for me.  I'm super lucky in that he loves a bit of romance but this effort is not romantic in the traditional sense of the word, but to me it's the equivalent of Sir Walter Raleigh laying his cloak over a muddy puddle so that Queen Elizabeth could cross it without getting filthy shoes.


When we moved into our current home which is a 1930s house it still had the original bathroom (thankfully we've since upgraded!).  We had come from the luxury of a brand new house with a bathroom only we had used.  Anyway, whilst I was preoccupied with locating the kettle and instructing the removal men he, knowing my OCD and reluctance to use strange conveniences, had secretly fitted a new toilet seat.  The fact that he had made this a priority and that it was a surprise is what makes it the most romantic thing that he's ever done for me and I'm not sure if it will ever be topped!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...