Pages

Friday, 25 February 2011

Decoupage; You Can Stick It!

This week I have been busy trying to 'cut it' at decoupage.  I was rummaging around in the loft through a box of Buster's old books trying to look for something a little more interesting to read to Missy over and over and over and over...again when I came across a book that I have owned since I was four years old.  


It's a rather battered copy of Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland and Alice Through The Looking Glass and it contains John Tinneil's beautiful illustrations 
So I did some jiggery-pokery with my scanner, resized my favourite images and printed them onto some cream paper and set to work cutting them out, this is extremely time consuming but a necessary evil.  


I was glad that I had invested in some decoupage scissors as normal scissors would have been a nightmare for this intricate work.  I got my scissors, along with my other decoupage equipment at Wilko's for about a fiver.
I then went on the hunt for a redundant box (I have lots of those in my loft).  Here it is before it's facelift
Even my camera must have thought it required some help in the looks department as it applied its own Angela Lansbury vaseline lens effect to this picture!


And here it is after
I thought it had turned out so well that I have since turned two more useless boxes into useful beauties once again as gifts for like-minded souls and plan to make more decoupage-covered items in the near future so 'stick' with me for the results.





4 comments:

  1. Those all look amazing! I love the boxes, they would look great as a cake stand . . . big one on top, cupcakes around the top of the bottom box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really beautiful. Love the mono-chrome effect too. Very clever. x

    @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Those look fab! I've never tried this, but always been fond of it.....must change that!

    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...