Pages

Thursday, 10 February 2011

Cupcapers - Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes

I think I might be a Yankaphile or Americentric (or whatever the name for it is!), well, when it comes to trying their sweet treats that is.  Muffins, Rocky Road, Brownies, Pumpkin Pie and, this afternoon, Peanut Butter and Jelly (jam) Cupcakes.


I love a PB & J sandwich so marry that wonderful sweet/savoury flavour combination with a cupcake and I'm sold.


I made a batch of vanilla sponge cake batter, adding in a generous helping of smooth peanut butter and divvied it between the cupcake cases
Stuck them in the oven until they were the colour of American Tan tights and left them to cool
After they had cooled I bored a hole in each cake with an apple corer
Sadly I couldn't source any grape jelly so standard raspberry jam had to suffice.  Each crater was filled 
and a generous topping of peanut butter flavoured buttercream icing was smeared over the top and here's the end result
These are definitely too sickly to eat more than one in a single sitting, which is probably just as well as I'm sure the calorific value is through the roof but as a treat with a cup of tea (of course) they're just enough and a little bit more sophisticated than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love anything to do with peanut butter but have never had them in cake form. This oversight will have to be rectified!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...