Pages

Monday, 10 January 2011

Crochet, It's Shawl Good

I've been a bit quiet on here of late.  We are still trying to make our way through the mountain of mince pies, Christmas pudding and Christmas cake left over from the festive season and therefore I haven't been baking, although it has given my hands some free-time to pursue my new addiction, crochet.  I'm onto my third item in as many weeks!  


Having exhausted scarves for the moment I've advanced slightly and this week I've had a bash at the Sweetpea Shawl another great pattern from the Stitch and Bitch Happy Hooker book.


Here's the result, I'm quite pleased with it, especially as the yarn only cost £2.99 from the bargain bin at the wool shop.  I made a couple of minor mistakes but crochet (unlike it's evil sister knitting) is quite forgiving and it keeps me just as warm when I'm sitting on the bed bashing out a blog post, as I am right now.
Just need to add the tassels and I'll be onto the next project.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work ChrisTea, although I prefer a bit of cross-stitch or knitting. Maybe I should get out my hook too!! Although after all the spring-cleaning is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous, don't have the patience for cross-stitch and sadly I can only knit scarves. You should certainly give crochet a bash, I love the quick results it gives.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...