Pages

Friday, 3 December 2010

Should I Grow Old Grey-cefully?

Hello, my name is Christy and I'm going grey.  There I said it.  I can't be in denial about it any longer.  I have had my hair coloured once in 12 months and for the first time in a long time I'm almost at my natural shade and I'm not sure if I like it.  I'm a bottle blonde and have been for a number of years but I always toy with the idea of going darker for a change or grey for a rest.  Question is which should it be?  


I only have a few grey hairs but there's enough that it's getting noticeable, especially at the sides when my hair is up and to add insult to injury they are coming through all thick and wiry like the fur of an Irish Wolf Hound. 
I may have to call on the services
of a dog groomer at this rate!
Is there an age that you shouldn't dye your hair any longer and if so, what age is that?  How much longer have I got left that I can get away with it?  I think I have a wee while yet, my Oma had treatment for cancer and sadly all her hair fell out but when it grew back I remember being totally shocked that it was grey, she had always had brown hair until that point and I had thought nothing of it.  


Perhaps it's the maintenance of the illusion that counts, in that case I've blown it and I need to get to a hairdresser asap but that still begs the question blonde or brunette?  Decisions, decisions.  Thankfully the current climate requires the wearing of a hat at all times so for the time being the grey is concealed and the decision doesn't need to be made quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...