Pages

Friday, 10 December 2010

Cakey, Cakey! - Hummingbird Bakery Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie

Our wireless router decided to commit suicide this morning and my iPhone took it upon itself to go into a period of mourning by displaying the blue circle of death all day, needless to say I was unable to use the internet, it was as if I had lost the power of speech.  I needed a distraction and I found it in the form of the good old Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook (one day I will actually have exhausted that book, then what will I do?!).


This time I tried my hand at the Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie.  A brownie base with a baked cheesecake centre covered in an unctuous layer of raspberry cream.  The brownie and the cheesecake are baked at the same time which I was a little unconvinced about (I had to read the instructions two or three times to be sure!) but it worked a treat.


I found this recipe especially appealing, not only because it has that wonderful colour combination of pink and brown that I just love (my bedroom is decorated in the same colours), but also as it has that delicious juxtaposition of flavours, bitter dark chocolate and sharp fruit.


Anyway, here's the finished product...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...