Pages

Monday, 6 December 2010

Cupcapers - Hummingbird Bakery Hazelnut & Chocolate Cupcakes

Once again it's Monday and I find myself bereft of cake, my well-thumbed Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook came to the rescue as usual and I made the Hazelnut and Chocolate Cupcakes.  These are chocolate sponge cakes with a gooey centre achieved by hollowing them out (I used an apple corer which seemed to do the trick perfectly) and stuffing the crater with a dollop of Nutella, then smearing on a generous amount of chocolate butter cream icing.  Here's the result...
Sadly this pic makes the icing look as if it's pate :(
These cakes are great because nobody else in my family actually likes Nutella so I'm thinking I will get to eat them all myself.


UPDATE:  Turns out Buster likes these cakes despite the Nutella factor, I'm still clinging to the hope that Mr Right isn't a fan.


FURTHER UPDATE:  Buster ate his cake and halfway through his wobbly tooth came out, this is no reflection on the cakes but he is pleased as he's been worried about it coming out for a while now and not only can he eat more cake without worry of further tooth loss he will have the added financial benefit of a visit from the tooth fairy tonight!

1 comment:

  1. One for you Pixiejo, hope it's not 3am when you're reading this! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...