Pages

Monday, 13 December 2010

Ain't Muffin Doing

Muffins are the work of the devil.  I've never really been a fan, they're too big for a start and they're one of the few things that I can't cook.


As anyone that follows this blog will know I have been baking my way through the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook but I have been avoiding the Muffin section like the plague.  Today I decided to confront my fear and try muffins again.


Commercial muffins are light and fluffy, they're voluminous and have that lovely characteristic cracked top.  My muffins always end up like dry, leavened cupcakes and sadly today's attempt was no exception.
My muffins are always a car crash!
I really want to be able to bake muffins but I think the closest thing to a muffin top that I will achieve is the one my belly forms over my jeans so perhaps it's a good thing that I can't make them or that muffin top will soon become a spare tyre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...