Pages

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

I LoVe Louis

At present I'm compiling a list of things I love and things I hate.  I decided that one of my 'loves' required a post all its own...Louis Vuitton.


I have loved Louis Vuitton since before I even knew what it was.  As a child I saw a woman with a bag in the Monogram print and it stuck in my memory ever since.  I got my first bag almost ten years ago, a much-loved Alma (a Christmas present from the ever-generous Mr Right).  This was back in the days before rap stars had cheapened luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Burberry and it went everywhere with me.


My next purchase was a matching purse (not very stylish to pull out a crappy old purse from a lovely designer handbag, so it was a must - well, that was my excuse anyway!).  Then Buster came along and my parents were living in Paris at the time so the first time I visited them I bought a strap for the Alma from the LV concession in Printemps.  This was a necessity as the Alma has quite small handles and it was tricky to hold whilst pushing a buggy (more excuses!).  


When Buster started walking and I decided that I required a bag I could get into quickly for small toy cars, tissues and biscuits so I opted for the mailbag style Musette Salsa, which still gets the most use of all my collection.


My next investment was obtained in the flagship LV store on the Champs Elysees during another visit to my parents in Paris.  I had decided to reward myself for going to the gym for a whole year and losing all my baby weight (and a substantial amount more!) by treating myself to a gym/weekend bag.  


When I returned to the UK I purchased a small pouch that I used briefly as an evening bag but that was quickly relegated to use inside my gym bag (it had a detachable strap that fixed to a hook inside the larger bag) as I had made my final pair of purchases of an evening bag (with a beautiful raspberry red interior) and a small purse to go inside it.


My love affair with Louis is far from over, although I have had to draw in my (luxury) purse strings since the wee ones have come along and haven't made any new additions to my collection for a few years now, but that doesn't mean I don't have my beady eye on the next member of my LV family.


I love the whole celebrity-for-a-day experience of going to get a new item, the shops have super helpful staff, security guards and even people to open doors for you, everything comes in dust bags and gets wrapped and parcelled up in wonderful 'Pretty Woman' style shopping bags.  I love the quality, serial numbers and the fact that all my bags and purses match and are interchangeable (great for my OCD).  I also love the fact that I don't have to buy loads of cheaper bags with the passing trends as Louis Vuitton is timeless.  In short I LOVE LOUIS!
Mr Right made me stand like this for
ages pretending the camera wasn't working
I know they are expensive but to me they are an investment and think of all the money I haven't had to spend over the last ten years on cheaper, less well-made trendy bags (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). 
My collection (so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...