Pages

Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Christmas Pudding Is A Piece Of Cake

I've agreed to make a cake for a friend in the shape of a teapot.  I've never made and iced a spherical cake before and I wanted a practice run, so this evening I made this
Not half bad considering my butter cream went all stiff due to the cold weather and my icing attempt was interrupted by a man at the door enquiring as to whether I had received my government grant for loft insulation or not.  The irony was not lost on me as he was stood on my doorstep in sub-zero temperatures with snow on the ground trying to talk to me about the importance of adequate insulation whilst letting all my heat out of the front door!


Anyway, as usual, I digress.  The great thing about this trial is that we get to eat a great big cake in the shape of a Christmas pudding, yummy and festive, what better way to kick off December?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...