Pages

Monday, 8 November 2010

Buttons Push All The Right Buttons

Ever since I was a little girl I have had an obsession with buttons.  One of my earliest memories is visiting my Great Grandmother in her huge Edinburgh flat and being allowed to play with her jar of buttons.  
You are looking at a snapshot of my dreams
I supsect it might be an addiction (either that or I am descended from Pearly Kings and Queens) as whenever I ditch a piece of clothing I am compelled to cut the buttons off and save them, for what I'm not sure but save them I must!  It's gotten so bad that the purchase of new items of clothing for Missy is dictated by the desirability of the buttons that are sewn onto it. 
Nan and Grandad?
Unfortunately my OCD does not allow me to store my button collection in a jar as my Great Grandmother did, as you can see
Need a spare button?
My compulsion to save things doesn't end with buttons, I have a ribbon fetish too, I even cut colourful hanging ribbons out of clothing and save them.  Beads and sequins can expect a similar fate, in fact come to think of it the haberdashery department in John Lewis gets me having palpitations, I think I might have a problem.  "Hello, my name is Christy and I'm a Koumpounophiliac" (button lover).

In between changing shitty nappies today I have been indulging in some craft therapy involving pink wire and multicoloured buttons. Much like a mental patient doing macrame in between dirty protests.

I REALLY love buttons!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    Those white one, I saw similar in John Lewis this weekend for £10 each x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to make a shit load of those and sell them on etsy too! x

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...