Pages

Monday, 4 October 2010

We Be Jammin'

Well my preserving stuff arrived from Lakeland last week and Mr Right had had a bumper crop of chillies from the veg patch in the garden
Mr Right's 'hot' lurve message to me in his home-grown chillies
so I decided that my first foray into the world of preserving would be a chilli jelly.  I used this recipe which utilises the natural pectin found in apples rather than adding pectin.


Chilli Jelly Recipe


I used a jelly bag for the first time and it was a lot easier than I had thought.  Lakeland would have had me believe that I needed a Jelly Bag Stand at almost twenty quid a pop but I decided to hang it off a cupboard door handle and that seemed to work just as well 


The jelly bag set-up in action...riveting stuff!
I was soooooo tempted to squeeze the bag rather than wait the 5 hours for it to drip through but I was so glad I resisted as I ended up with a lovely clear jelly that my other half and I are itching to try with some Grilled Haloumi and a Rocket Salad
My three jars of loveliness, it has a nice little kick to it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...