Pages

Sunday, 31 October 2010

One Hell Of A Halloween

Happy Halloween!

This was my Facebook status first thing this morning, gotta love The Shining, one of THE best horror films ever and I couldn't think of a more apt status for Halloween
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...




Apologies to those of you who don't celebrate but this is my favourite festival of the year and thankfully seems to be getting more and more popular in the UK.


The Rights kicked the celebrations off with, what else, food.  Buster and I made some Halloween shaped gingerbread biscuits.
Our Ghoulish Gingerbread
 Pumpkin carving came next, the Blues did Frankenstein's monster.
The Blues' Pumpkin
This was my attempt at a skull.
My skull with pumpkin seed teeth
We then moved on to decorating the hallway in order to welcome the Trick or Treaters.
Pumpkin lanterns of all kinds


Frank, our snake and our pot of eyeballs


Our friendly ghost


And finally it was costume time!  Buster wanted to dress up as a Devil this year, too easy, red pyjama bottoms, red hoodie, mask, trident and tail
Our little devil
So much less effort than last year's Mummy, for which I had to dye loads of bandages with cold tea and sew them onto a long-sleeved t-shirt and leggings, a very labour-intensive mummy, especially as I was due to become a mummy again myself a few days later! 
Have you seen my mummy?
We didn't want Missy to miss out on the action either so I bought her a little witch costume with matching hat and black and pink striped tights, too cute!


Missy looks just like her mother
As the witching hour is fast approaching I can't wait to hop on my broomstick and start planning next year's spookfest.


Don't have nightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...