Pages

Thursday, 28 October 2010

A Guide To Brownies

On Monday, slightly sick of Farmhouse Cake, I broke out the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook that Mr Right had purchased during the throes of a recent cupcake addiction and decided to try my hand a the Brownie recipe.  I'm not usually a fan of Brownies (too sickly) or Muffins (too big) for that matter but I needed chocolate and this killed two Hummingbirds with one stone.




Brownies are so easy to make, I had no idea, I am now a complete convert.  I went against American tradition and added chocolate chips and some pistachios and the result was a slab of velvety rubble, which sounds dreadful but was, in reality, bliss with a brew.  We also enjoyed it for pud warm with some creme fraiche.






I Facebooked my baking exploits and had no idea that there were so many Hummingbird fans amongst my friends, which is amazing considering none of us live in South Kensington.  Anyway, I can't wait to try the Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie next!


Oh, and the Nutella Cupcakes, Red Velvet Cupcakes, Black Bottom Cupcakes....



No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...