Pages

Sunday, 24 October 2010

George's Marvellous Medicine

Last weekend Mr Right and I surprised Buster with dinner out and a trip to the Theatre.  He was most put out that Missy was staying the night with Nanny and Grandad and that he wasn't.  We told him that we had to go shopping in Milton Keynes (a pass-time that he hates) and as a treat we would take him to Wagamama for dinner.  He and I just love the Edamame (steamed soya beans) with salt and we both ordered our usual (Chicken Katsu Curry).  Buster also found a new love, sparkling Elderflower, my tipple of choice there.


Wagamama Milton Keynes


Anyway, we told him that we had to take a short cut through the theatre to get back to the car and surprised him by instead going to our seats.  Buster is a huge Roald Dahl fan and was inspired by a trip to the Roald Dahl museum a couple of years back so we knew we were onto a winner booking tickets to see the Birmingham Stage Company's production of George's Marvellous Medicine, and we weren't disappointed, it was marvellous!





We especially loved the chickens that kept running across the stage, the giant bull and I thought the way they made Grandma grow and grow until she burst through the roof was genius.






I also loved the way that George actually went round the house set filling his saucepan with all the magical ingredients for the medicine, it reminded me of the Jackanory version of this tale read brilliantly by Rik Mayall







Buster was totally blown away by the sparks that came out of George's fingers at the very end!




We can't wait for next year so we can book to see their production of Horrible Science





Buster loves Horrible Science and Horrible History books and the TV series on CBBC, wish they'd had this sort of thing when I was a child!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    I'm a 32 year old Mum of 1, just about to complete my first year at Uni doing a primary teaching course. My last assignment is a creativity project, for which I've chosen the topic 'Georges Marvellous Medicine' hence how I've stumbled across your blog. I'm thinking of doing a cake making and decorating lesson and wondered if you may have any creative ideas. I was thinking of them making individual cupcaks to decorate as per this pic I found on flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/62132331@N04/5653238553/
    but wondered if you may have any ideas on how to recreate an ingredient George uses in a quirky way?

    Thank you for reading

    Best wishes
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I meant recreate an individual cake in the shape of an ingredient George uses. I've tried looking for a toothpaste shaped cake tin lol to no avail

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky

      Many thanks for reading and for your comments, not sure what to suggest really, there's a plethora of ingredients you could choose but I'd keep it simple, perhaps make a rectangular sponge and ice it with ready to roll icing and decorate it in the form of a box of washing powder or similar for a large cake.

      If you were thinking of individual cupcakes then the world is your oyster, just make mini cake toppers from coloured ready to roll icing in the shapes of various bottles and boxes, tubes and jars.

      Hope the above helps and I'd love to see your efforts.

      Good luck!

      Cx

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...