Pages

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Attack Of The 50ft Cupcake!

I have been coveting the Lakeland giant cupcake mould for yonks but at £26.99 I thought it was a bit pricey.  


The original and probably the best if you're made of money


I was having a rummage through the tat in the new TK Maxx that opened in the Mall last week and happened upon a silicone version for the bargain price of £7.99.  I got a chance to try it out this week (in between looking after a poorly Missy) and here is the result, could do with using a 6 egg sponge mix next time instead of the 4 egg I used with this one, but not bad at almost a quarter of the price and when I get a decent icing nozzle set I will be a demon!




I was also pleased to get a chance to use the pink sugar and white chocolate stars I had had in the cupboard for ages (part of the increased range of cake sprinkles that I'm loving at Sainsburys) and also had a go with some edible glitter (pink, naturellement!), although I am a little worried that our poop will be all glittery (will keep you posted on that one, or er maybe not?!).  Uber camp, but not as camp as this creation I made for a friend's brother-in-law last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...