Pages

Thursday, 5 August 2010

"Hello, my name is Mummy"

Tuesday started off well, I needed to make a trip to the Post Office to bid farewell to the last lot of eBay tat that I had sold and was running a little behind schedule so I grabbed a cardigan and headed out.  I was served quite quickly but the lady who served me carried on chatting and as she did I noticed that she seemed to be talking to me in the same manner as she was to Missy (who's 8 months old).  It was only when I got home that I realised I had grabbed a cardigan that had a massive cartoon sticker on the front with 'Hello, my name is Mummy' across it in Buster's trademark wax crayon scrawl.  I had forgotten that he had made me a 'special' label when we had been out to Ask for dinner the weekend before and that I had neglected to remove it.  She must have thought I was very 'special' indeed!


The usual Tuesday food shop was uneventful, although I did make a startling discovery when I opened the box of eggs...
Well bugger me!
Later that day Mr Right informed me over the phone that he had done 'something' to the 'Omen Shirt' (he has this shirt that we call the 'Omen Shirt', it's a shirt he really likes but it seems to be a crap-magnet, if he's going to spill food or coffee on it a shirt then this will be the one).  I sighed and made a mental note to add more Vanish to the shopping list.  Thankfully there were no stains but it turns out that he had rolled up the sleeves and flexed his muscles and his left bicep had ripped through the fabric a la 'The Incredible Hulk', ah well, another one bites the dust.
You don't wanna see me when I'm working


Wednesday was a productive day, I got loads of books and toys out of the loft for Missy and needed somewhere to store them, so we had a jaunt over to Dunelm to buy some baskets, where I saw this!  It's a kids leather tub chair and footstool, too cute!

Whilst we were out and about Missy was complemented on her socks (now nicknamed Shocks as they are socks that give the appearance of shoes), not as good as baby UGGS but a close second
Shocks

We returned home and Missy was loving all the new toys, that was until the stacking cups came out, my baby has got to be the only baby in the world that has a phobia of stacking cups.  She's ok if she is standing but if she's seated and they come crashing down she cries her little heart out.  On the flip side, she does love Crazy Horse and dances like a loon whenever he is switched on and she's really getting into the books, although I think I may have raised her expectation of books too high already as she thinks they all have touchy-feely panels.

On Wednesday afternoon I made this Banana Bread recipe 


and it was delicious, we had it for pud with custard and I had it the following day with a slather of butter on, which improved it ten fold, that got me thinking, perhaps Banana Bread and Butter Pudding is the next stage in this recipe's evolution.  I am going to try it, will let you know how it goes.

Tonight I have a 'hot date' with Mr Right, Missy is at my MIL's tonight and Buster has been away with my parents since Monday so we are child-free and are not going to use this as an opportunity to catch up on sleep, we are going OUT, our usual haunt is Pizza Express followed a trip to the cinema.  Last time we went Mr Right had a latte that came in a 'pervert's cup'


The 'pervert's cup'
and the time before that I had a 'use by' label in my starter, I wonder what delights await us tonight?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...